The best kittens, technology, and video games blog in the world.

Friday, August 25, 2006

All your Pluto are belong to us

So cute by Gui, o gato from flickr (CC-NC-ND)Getting Things Done methodology is a great thing, especially the "Am I the right person to do it" part. What's the most amazing is how many things get done on their own if you follow it. One such thing happened yesterday. I had on my TODO list since like forever writing something on the Polish Wikipedia on Pluto's controversy as a planet. I mean - we can all see it's totally lame and it shouldn't be one.

So let's do some GTD on it:

  • Would it take less than 2 minutes ? Well, not really - documenting the controversy would take at least an hour or two.
  • Am I the right person to do it ? Oh yeah, why should I be doing it - wouldn't it be better to make IAU make Pluto not-a-planet instead, so I don't have to do any work ?
And it worked - I made IAU demote Pluto by sheer willpower, and I don't have to write anything about it now :-D

Now, let's delegate the "Free elections in Belarus" item ...

No comments: