Here's another release of Concentrated Vanilla minimod.
A few iterations of playtesting went into it. Sieges should now hopefully be more balanced and a lot more fun. All changes related to sieges and battles:
- Towers and are always manned as long as there's any unit behind the walls they're on. In multi-walled settlements you need to be within proper walls.
- Rams are at 50% attack and health.
- Walls and gates have 4x the strength. Towers have only 50% extra strength, but because they're always active you will want to actively destroy them instead of just scaring the AI away from them to deactivate.
- Towers have 50% faster fire rate.
- All missile infantry has twice the ammo, so they can defend settlement easier, and are much more effective skirmishers against heavy infantry not supported by cavalry.
- Bodyguards are half the size and 1hp only. Having cheap and extremely strong heavy cavalry that early basically made all factions the same, nerfing bodyguards makes factions a lot more different again.
Campaign changes are mostly to make campaign more dynamic, make money important again, and reduce micromanagement:
- Everybody moves 75% faster. That's about the right value for the vanilla map. I wanted to make ships 100% faster but land units only 50%, unfortunately it's not possible the way M2TW is implemented.
- Taxes have twice the effect on population growth. Low = +1%, high = -1%, very high = -2%. No longer is "as high as possible without getting riots" the best tax strategy.
- Resources are 50% more valuable, so trade, merchant trade, and mines are worth more.
- All buildings take 1 turn to build. It's now about money.
- All buildings except for mines are 20% more expensive.
- Mines are 3x more valuable, and cost 80% more money. It makes them hugely important.
- Rebels and pirates spawn 4x less often, it seems to make them a lot stronger when they actually spawn.
Here's download link to the most recent version 0.04 . You can also get older versions if you want.