I woke up today, and on my way out checked the physical mailbox - and I wasn't even that surprised any more that it contained a "Sorry, you were out" note from the Royal Mail. It's probably the fifth or so time when the Royal Mail cannot find me when I'm at home. Now think which of these is more plausible:
- Aliens keep abducting me for anal probe experimentation every time Royal Mail is supposed to deliver a package for me.
- Those lazy unionized asshats don't even bother ringing and just add the note to the pile of letters.
- Try delivering the second time
- Have the package available for pickup from the nearest Post Office
- Have the package available for pickup from some Delivery Office in the middle of nowhere, opened at highly inconvenient hours
So what should be done about it? Privatize their lazy asses, that's what! Maybe it would help, maybe it wouldn't - but right now these fuckers not only cannot deliver mail, they suffer from a severe case of Royal Mail Entitlement Syndrome - and privatizations are a really good cure for that.
Hopefully that will be one good thing that will come out of Tories taking over the country. Labour became so much like Tories already anyway that the only difference between them is Labour's testicular deficiency when it comes to dealing with unions.