The best kittens, technology, and video games blog in the world.

Saturday, July 06, 2013

I'm moving back from Google+ to Blogger

Morse - Walrus by Gattou - Lucie Provencher from flickr (CC-SA)

As you might have noticed, this blog hasn't been very active recently. I never went offline, I was just using Google+ as microblogging platform.

Unfortunately the truth is - Google+ sucks as microblogging platform. Old posts are unsearchable and get pretty much lost as soon as they drop off the front page, there's no way to put any formatting there, and there are a lot fewer people on Google+ than people on the wide Internet who can stumble upon this blog.

And then the Pinterest+ redesign was the last straw.

I'm not quitting Google+ - it's still OKish for random link sharing and a few other thing - not great, but I don't know what would be better (the once great delicious got pretty much killed by Yahoo). My current plan is to use this blog more (and mostly write shorter posts than in the past) and use Google+ less.

In case you're interested, here are my Google+ posts. There's a lot of good stuff there, even if it's hard to search.

No comments: