The best kittens, technology, and video games blog in the world.

Monday, January 20, 2014

git repository for Paradox games tools

«The ball is also great fun!» by Tambako the Jaguar from flickr (CC-ND)

Here it is on github. For now there's only one script there, but I opened a repository for various tools I tend to write to analyze or occasionally modify save games and other game files while I'm playing.

I'm sure if I dig in my code stash I'll find quite a few scripts for EU3 and CK2. I definitely wrote some for fixing corrupted EU3 save games once.

The script core_counts counts cores by country, and lists countries sorted by their core count, including non-existent countries. That's really useful for vassal management, the game is fairly bad at presenting this information, and you can't even just learn it once, since cores are much less stable in EU4 than they were in EU3.

Even if you don't have much need for this functionality, feel free to use it as an example how to code things. Localization loading code is pretty decent, core counter itself is just a regexp not a proper parser it deserves.

No comments: