Since 0.60 release I fixed a lot of minor bugs, and added a bunch of minor enhancements to the mod builder (big thanks to everyone who tested and reported the bugs, especially Guimbix).
There aren't any huge features, but enough minor fixes accumulated that I feel it's good time for an official release.
One feature that got added is File > Generate Map TGA command you can run after building the mod to see how campaign map looks without launching the game, and trying a different random seed if you don't like this one. The map file is saved to output/political_map.tga
And one more thing - if you're using old versions of retail Medieval 2, make sure it's updated to 1.3 or the mod won't work. (you're also saving yourself a ton of bugs this way)
Fixed bugs and minor improvement
- start.bat pauses with "Press any key to continue" after running the script, so you can read error message if it fails, usually due to JRuby not being installed properly.
- Campaign map heigh map level 0 changed to 1, fixing many campaign map glitches
- Belgrade's resources (timber vs wood and missing comma) fixed
- Floods disabled completely due to being buggy in vanilla
- Simplified building tree option works now
- Clustering% fixed to mean that (it accidentally meant random%, reverse of what it was supposed to)
- Mod builder now extracts map information from TGAs at run time, instead of using preprocessed data. (so it's easier to port it to alternative maps, even if it's not yet there)
- When allocating the last few settlements, clustering is often impossible. Before the update algorithm tried to look at neighbours-of-neighbours, then just picked a random settlements. Now it goes quite deep searching for not too distant settlement.
- There's a switch for "allocating rebels last" if you need even more clustering than you get by default. This often causes rebels to be pushed to borders of the map, so only use this if really necessary.
- Various help texts and error messages improved.
Credits and linksConcentrated Vanilla 0.61 includes some files from Medieval 2 Total War game by Creative Assembly, and the following minimods:
- Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics
- Lusted's Better BAI/CAI
- Agart's Cities/Castles Strat
If you're interested in how this mod evolved, posts about previous versions (with links inside):