- gaim does not support search (really, it doesn't, not even a bit). You can't check in the public directory with whom are you speaking.
- gaim does not quietly reconnects if the connection is broken, even when i use a plugin for that (yeah, there's an actual plugin to get half-sane behaviour). With the plugin, it will pop-up the contact lists. Without it, it will flood me with error messages. And connection to gadu gadu servers gets broken all the time.
- gaim does not encrypt connections to gadu gadu servers, and it does not support end-to-end encryption
- gaim does not support emoticons
- gaim does not display the last few old messages when opening a chat and does not have single keystroke history. You actually have to open history (Conversation menu > View log), then select month from the tree view, then select day, and then scrool down. Seriously, the guy who designed this UI must have been stoned.
- on your contact list, you cannot have inactive contacts shaded out and on the bottom. You either see no inactive/hidden contacts (what's lame, because half of the people are in hidden state all the time), or you have them sorted alphabetically (what's even lamer, because you can't see who's there).
The best kittens, technology, and video games blog in the world.