The best kittens, technology, and video games blog in the world.

Thursday, November 05, 2015

Let's Play Civilization 5 as Poland in Polish - series conclusions

And so, in 45 episodes, the let's play series ended in great Polish victory.

The conclusions are mostly:

  • Playing in Polish and using mods are incompatible - I expected that extra stuff added by mods would have English names, but I didn't expect that for stuff that mods changed like social policies, game would display Polish vanilla text over English modded text, so it was totally incorrect, and I needed to have laptop opened next to the game on some forum post explaining how things work in the mod. It was horrible mess.
  • If I even get the idea of doing this again, it shouldn't be too hard to write a script to at least detect this kind of conflicts. There's still be the issue of stuff added by mods having English names, but I can live with that.
  • It was rather straightforward starting fairly early, so I could bump it one difficulty level for next campaign
  • Next Civilization 5 campaign (which just so happens to be starting today) is going to be in English, but I'll record some of the content in Polish in the future.
  • Fractal map was pretty cool. It's probably the best "default" map.



No comments: